NEW ROWERS (and parents thereof): SWIM TEST UPDATE: JMCBO will host a swim test for new rowers Sat. Oct. 23rd 11:45am - 12:45pm at Machine Performance Ctr. in Vienna.
* Locker rooms will not be available so wear your swimsuit.
* Only 2 swimmers at a time to test.
* Masks are required inside (but not while swimming) * Sign up for a time slot at:
Download and complete the Swim Form in advance for the Examiner to sign.
ALL NEW ROWERS MUST COMPLETE THE SWIM TEST AND SUBMIT THE SIGNED FORM BEFORE GETTING INTO A BOAT AND ON THE WATER. This includes trying out rowing on the “Green Days” Oct. 31 & Nov. 13.
If you are unable to attend the Session 10/23, you can download the form and take it to another swimming facility to take the test.
1. Green Days will be Sun. 10/31 & Sat. 11/13 at Sandy Run. These are opportunities for all new rowers AND PARENTS to see where we row and learn about all the operations, logistics & volunteer opportunities that make Warhawk Crew happen. We will have a sign up for a limited number of returning rowers to assist.
2. Any rower that wants to get in a boat and on the water MUST have submitted A) Completed annual FCPS Physical Form and B) Proof of COVID Vaccination to the JMHS Student Activities Office. These are FCPS Mandates.
3. Any NEW rower who wants to get on the water must also pass the Swim Test.
4. Green Days will also offer training for PARENTS interested in becoming a Launch (16 ft. open boat with 9.9 hp outboard) driver. This can be one of the most enjoyable volunteer jobs at Regattas and allows you to see the action up close and personal.
ALL Parents of ALL rowers are welcome to attend Green Days at Sandy Run! It’s a great opportunity to learn about this wonderful rowing venue. Opportunities to visit Sandy Run have been limited since COVID so please join us even if you are already an expert at navigating the parking lot. See where we keep our shells and oars, see where we store fuel and learn how to do a ‘gas run’ to replenish the gas cans, check out the view from the spectator seats and of course you can visit the wide array of toilet facilities. (Don’t worry, they are not hidden in the back of a nice, warm & dry building). And of course, take the opportunity to meet parents of other rowers; parents are the essential volunteers who make Warhawk Crew happen.
Think about how you would like to contribute to this team effort, whether it is on-site working with people, on-site dealing with inanimate objects or toiling on a computer at home dealing with administrative matters. We’ve got something for everyone. I hope to see a lot of you there!
Winter Conditioning will begin Monday 11/15. Rowers must submit Physical Form and proof of COVID vaccination prior to participating in Winter Conditioning. Winter Conditioning is optional but strongly encouraged.
Rowers and parents, if you were not able to join the water meeting on April 8th, please view the zoom recording on the Resources page.
To watch the recording of the March 11th interest meeting, head over to the Resources page.
Join your teammates to get in top shape in a Covid-safe way before water season.
Freshmen Men training at the school Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3:30- 5:00 pm. Saturday practices at the school from 8:30 am - 10:00.
Varsity Men training at the school Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00- 6:30pm; (Beginning Saturday, February 27) Saturday practices from 7:00 - 8:30.
Freshmen Women training at the school Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 5:00- 6:30 pm. (Beginning Saturday, February 27), Saturday practices at the school from 11:00am - 12:30.
Varsity Women training at the school Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 - 5:00pm; Saturday practices from 10:00 - 11:30.
Show your community support and Vienna pride by sponsoring the James Madison crew team.
The raffle drawing took place on Groundhog Day and the winners are:
Grand Prize ($800): #3659
Two second prizes ($100 each): #788 and #816
If you're one of the lucky winners, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. Thanks to everyone who participated!